The results did come as a bit of a shocker for me. I feel that I could have worked much harder this week. I did cheat a bit, I had pizza twice, but limited to one small slice each time, and I had a few bites of mashed potatoes and meatloaf last night. I guess it's true what they say, it's all about portions.
I was also strategic with burning extra calories this week. I am aware that 3500 calories are in a pound of fat. I found a website that shows you how many calories you burn doing day to day activities, and how many extra you can burn by throwing in a few strategic things. You enter the amount of time you will be doing certain items all the way down a long list and it approximates how many calories you will burn that day. http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc (if you want to check it out). I calculated everything from cleaning up the house, to playing with the kids, even down to sex (I am married you know). I noticed that I could burn a few extra calories if I do things like stand while I watch tv, but if anything, this website just gave me a bit more awareness into how much the little things that I either do, or need to be doing could help me with my weight loss. It made me much more strategic and much more motivated to keep active.
Since I posted week 1, I have had a ton of website suggestions with diet helps. I have yet to check any of those out, but I will start looking through them on Monday.
So, if you asked me earlier in the week, I didn't think that this week was going all that great, but after today- weigh day- I thought week one went fabulously. Congrats to me. I will have to reread this in the future when I get those discouraging .5 or 1lb weeks. I hate those.
10 more weeks and 20 more lbs to go.
Good job babe.
ReplyDelete