Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm a slightly successful failure...

My intentions were to fast this past week.  I thought it would help my body detox, and in respect to detoxification, crave less fast food.  I failed at fasting.  Here is what went wrong:
Wednesday:  I was feeling extremely tired... I drank a 5 hour energy, and wham! Instant headache.  Those things are cursed.  My headache lasted two straight days.
Thursday:  My head was still pounding, so in my crazy fit of 5 hour headache rage, I consumed mass amounts of horrific food.
Friday: Back on the wagon
Saturday:  Nikki's delicious lasagna brought me back down.  It was so good though, and it was worth every bite.
Sunday:  Family get together.  I actually didn't eat too badly, but I also didn't completely fast.
Yesterday and today were good days, although I haven't used my fasting time for prayer; I've really just crammed it with work.  That defeats the purpose a bit, since my intention is to become spiritually fat and physically thin.
My weight is down however.  I am at 120, and I have every intention of being well below that by the end of the week.  This is one of those weeks where, despite all of my success, I'm am feeling very disappointed with my body.  It's hard to think that 5 more pounds will take off these love handles.  Stupid child bearing hips.  

If you are looking for me, I'll be at the gym...

No comments:

Post a Comment